February 20, 2009

House Mouse Monday Challenge 25 - Sketch

Alrighty.... I wasn't sure I was going to get this challenge accomplished this week because it has been a crazy week, BUT since I had a baby shower to attend tomorrow I really wanted to make a card so I thought I would try to combine the two. Although I wish I had one of the cute little mouse stamps with them in the baby shoes to use, this is the best one I had to use. So with that said I went with it because after all it is cute too. So... since everyone else seemed to keep the same design, I decided I wanted to flip the design sideways and I also made it into a tri-fold card. I made a shaker box for my main element of focus. I soo love making them and knew as soon as I seen this sketch I was going to make one of some kind. I really didn't want to do a circle, because once again everyone seemed to be doing circles, except a few, BUT I did one only because I wanted to do my sentiment in the manner that I did it, so it worked perfect for me to stamp my image and make a shaker box. I did my text wrap in word. I also did the inside which is also below. Since my shaker box hung over the edge of the card when you opened it I stamped another image more close up and placed it on the inside without color (see below) I think this turned out super cute and I am quite pleased with it. I don't ever use sketches to make cards, not sure why, because it is so much easier and takes a lot of the thinking and design process out of it for you... but I enjoyed using this sketch and I truly enjoy seeing what everyone else comes up with! Thanks for looking and double thanks if you left some luvins! Have a squeaky kind of day!!

The blog had a sponsor 2redbananas this week, not only are they donate a fab prize but they created and joined in with this challenge to give us even more inspiring work to look at. Here is the sketch they gave us and under that is what I came up with. The link to this challenge if you want to see all the others great creations is in my title post.



5 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, how cool to turn it into a trifold!! And with a shaker box! What a cute and fun card! Awesome job!

Curt in Indy said...

Nina, this is AMAZING! Your take on the sketch is so super creative. The person receiving this card is absolutely a very lucky person. Gorgeous work! Best to you my fellow Hoosier! Curt

Carolyn Bounds said...

Your card is incredible!!!! I *L*O*V*E* your interpretation of the sketch!!! You definitely breathed beautiful life into the sketch!!! An absolutely exquisite creation!!! I adore it:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Elizabeth said...

Nina,
Way to girl with the sketch and love the idea about the shaker. amazingly cute card!
Your Friend, Beth

Nancy said...

Me again. I tagged you for Purse of the Day, go check out my blog! You're it!