May 14, 2009

My dinning room wall mural is

FINALLY finished.... ok.. this mural has been in the works WAY too long.. but what can I say... slacker I tell you. With Rachel's Open House coming up next week it really inspired me to just finish it so I can enjoy it. Of course I will look at it and see things I may need to tweak, but hey that is ok and I know it is just me, but I tell you it feels SOOO good to finally have this finished. It's rainy out so trying to get a good picture. Also I can't take a straight on without someone here to lift the light fixture so when I get one of those I will post. This is the best I could do this morning.... This is painted mostly in wall paints with some acrylics. I will seal with a clear sealer. The sky actually has more color in it but why it is not showing it is beyond me, just must be the lighting this morning. My kitchen is a Tuscany style. The one thing you might fine interesting in this mural is that there is actually real terracotta tile on my wall at the front of the mural and then I painted the top part of the wall in paint to look like the top of a wall as if you were standing on the other side looking out over this view. Hope that makes sense to you. I myself am in awe at how well the colors match and look to be all the same , but one is real tile and the top part that is about 3 inches it paint! I would say the second picture down is the one more true to color. SOOO just wanted to celebrate a bit!! Thanks for bloggin by....and leave me a note of cheer and let me know what you think, I sure could use a celebration with others!!

(ok.. if you just read all of that, these pictures are now are all different.. LOL.. but better then what was there before. These are all much more the true color and Morgan held the light fixture up for me to get a more straight on shot!)



















Have an artsie kind of day!

11 comments:

Ami said...

Nina, this is GORGEOUS!! Seriously--you are so talented! I love the mountains in the background and all the colors are so rich and beautiful. This is really amazing. You ROCK!!

Anonymous said...

I don't understand! You handpainted that????If you did, that's incredible!!!!You are a true artist!I would just have bought a Wallie or whatever they are called..you know..a big sticker for the wall!Awesome job Nina!Give yourself a treat!

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

WOW! Nina! this is amazing! you are so, so talented! I love it! amazing! I dont have enough superlatived to say how beautiful this is! WOW!
{Hugs}

MindyRadio said...

Absolutely Amazing Ninay!! I know you must be so happy to have it done!

Curt in Indy said...

YOU ARE ONE TALENTED LADY! Wow is that gorgeous! I'm so impressed with you! Those colors are off the chart gorgeous! You need to start putting this stuff on canvas and selling it. Your are really gifted! Amazing! Best, Curt

Seaexplore said...

simply BEAUTIFUL! Great job! I really like the "wall" effect you did- it looks like it's all one thing and not tile and paint. Nice job. Do you do this for a living???? If not, you TOTALLY should!

Scatter said...

Must be a good feeling to sit back and enjoy this! I love the way you did the top of the wall, very clever! I'm in awe of you!

Elizabeth said...

Fabulous work Nina! I love it I wish I could do a mural like that on our dinning room wall and one in my scraproom. Your work is beautiful.

Dawn B. said...

Wow this is incredible. Really great job. I cannot believe your artistic beauty. TFS

Leigh Anne said...

MAN! I did see the pics on sb.com but was on my way to work ;) this is so totally cool! and like G sometimes says "those tiles are off the chain" LOL - I think I'd just have to face the couch to it! looks so relaxing!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Oh my, Nina, this is absolutely gorgeous. I guess you would want to celebrate completing such an undertaking. It is beautiful!!