August 24, 2009

Get Inspired Challenge

I did these cards to play along with the Magical Monday challenge over at There's Magic In The Air. This week’s image was "Elvis in boots". The challenge was an inspirational challenge with color and textures. You can check it out here.

I kept my cards quite simple and concentrated more on the colors then anything. I wanted my image to stand alone and out on this card. I have a hard time keeping things simple sometimes, especially in my layouts. It's a little easier in my cards.

I colored my image with my Bic Mark-its and I used a diamond glaze on his rain boots and hat to make them more slick and also on the puddle. I thought the dotted ribbon was just wonderful with the button and thread being the perfect finishing touch.



You can see the diamond glaze better in this picture on his boots and in the puddle. The sentiment which is computer generated reads: Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves


Now isn't that button with the thread just too cute!

On this card, I kept it simple as well, but I copied the image in Print Shop Deluxe several times, as well as sized them down to smaller sizes and placed them that way on the original printout. I then drew more grass down the duck line and also added more water so they were in one big puddle. I then cut it out. I did this card, because if you have a program such as this you can crop the image close and place them closer together like in this card. This is one of the wonderful things about digital images. If you don't have a program Print Shop Deluxe is really not that expensive and fairly easy to use. It would really be worth the $50.00 to get it to do digital images in and your sentiments. You can find the program here you want to check it out.The letters are a bit brighter in real life but I took this picture in the evening. They were rub-ons and were actually a light blue, so I colored them red with my markers and then added black dots. Both these cards were colored with my Bic Mark-its. My youngest son Avery always tells me its a "Happy Day" and I just love that saying so I thought this looked like a Happy Day in a duck's life! I just also noticed on these pics that I did not color the eyes.. funny how you see stuff like that once uploaded, so I will go back and color them in now, but I am not taking more pics and uploading so you can pretend that they are colored! :O)





Well, that's it for Elvis, but I certainly will be using him a lot on other cards when I find time to do so!

I hope you find a puddle of joy somewhere today, so while you are looking for it.... have a Happy Day!

7 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

Awesome cards Nina! What a great idea using the different sizes. What a cute duck family! I love how their hats and boots match! Cute as can be! Great image this week! Best, Curt

Nilla said...

They are all fantastic! However my favorite has to be the one with the four Elvis, what a super duper idea! Hugs Nilla

Lynn said...

http://croppinforourtroops.blogspot.com/
Can you please add the blog for
Cropping for our Troops on your blog? I can't wait to see what you are sending for the silent auction.
Hugs,
Lynn

Rachel said...

WOW!! Nina both your cards are sooo adorable. Elvis is such a cutie, this was such a fun challenge. Thank you!!
hugs,
Rachel

~T~ said...

Too cute he is!

Rachel said...

haha not a problem nina, thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such sweet comments. they mean so much to me.
hugs,
Rachel

Nilla said...

NIna, I left you something in my blog!! Hygs Nilla