December 12, 2011

Magical Monday - Winter Fun with Bling

This week over at the Paper Cupcake's Challenge Blog; There's Magic In The Air. For the month of December I am going to be hosting the challenges. This week I wanted to see everyone do some "winter fun". Using a image reflecting some winter fun such as sledding, skating, a snowman etc. With a twist of adding some bling as well to your project.

I used the image "Winter Fun" by Paper Cupcakes. I colored it with my colored pencils. I used chalk for the color in the snow and sky. I added some stickles for a little sparkle in the snow and used a white glaze pen to add some snow falling all over the image. I used scrap paper from my scraps and pre-made snowflakes from K&Company that I bought on clearance some time ago. My sentiment is computer generated. Kept it pretty simple and I love how the touch of black & red just makes it pop.




Had another busy week and a packed full weekend. My daughter does speech and she had a meet this weekend and she did a scripted duo with a friend and they walked away with first place this meet for that category. I was so excited for her since she is a freshman and this is her first year in speech. Her teacher has great plans for her if she continues in the years. Let's hope she sticks with it, because she is quilt the talented. It was a proud moment for her and for us. School has one more week before Christmas break. Which means I need to get in gear and get things completed before their release so I can enjoy the week prior to Christmas with them home and not feel stressed and rushed, so wish me luck for an organized task accomplished week!

That's it for me. Have a great week and remember to enjoy your time and days during this busy season!


2 comments:

Sonia said...

Hello Nina
YOur card is so beautiful. I used the same image for my inside card.
-Sony
http://sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

WOW Nina this is gorgeous
hugs
Ildz