April 16, 2012

Let's Get Aquainted....

The challenge this week is "Let's Get Acquainted" at the Paper Cupcake's Challenge Blog; There's Magic In The Air. Shirley wanted us to go to one of the Paper Cupcake's Designer's blog and case a card. I chose to go to Wilma Zengotita's blog and you can find the card I cased here. I think her card is a bit more in the square. I cut my card as a 5x7 and pouted a bit once I realized her card was more in square. So I just worked with the size I cut my card. I think overall it turned out OK. I colored my image with colored pencils. Chalked my sky with a blue and pink and then added stickles to the rain.






Yesterday was beautiful here, but a few days prior to that was rainy. Today has been a little bit of both. This was the perfect image for this week, I feel a little under the weather, but I am still trying to find the joy in the day. So, go find some joy within your day too! Thanks for lurking by!

7 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Nina,
Beautiful card and coloring. What wonderful colors too. I love the sparklies you've added to the rain. Wonderful case - beautiful card, Nina!

wannabcre8tive said...

What a pretty card, I love the purple and the green, great colors together. I like how you used the stickles on the rain. Great case of Wilma's card. It has been fun seeing what cards the team members cased and to see the changes they made.

Danielle May said...

Nina this was a wonderful design to case, and you have done a beautiful job. The colours are so pretty together and I love the embossed panel and the sheer polka dot ribbon in contrast to your polka dots on the umbrella. Thanks for your last email, I really appreciate your kind words and love hearing how you are doing too! Hugs to you my friend! :)

Sonia said...

Hi Nina
Gorgeous creation! love the colors, the glitter on the rain... GREAT JOB!
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Wilma Zengotita said...

Nina, thank you for casing a card from my blog. I feel honored. Yours turned beautiful. Love the colour combo and the chalked sky and glittered rain. I'm sure the sun will rise again. Hugs, Wilma

craftieodmae said...

Nina this is absolutely breathtaking!!!!

Karen C said...

Well, I cased yours! I love this! I went with the purples and greens because I just adore the combo. I love the tickets too, I had to add some of those! I even did the embossing on the one piece (or maybe I should say - I used paper that looks embossed... A Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing!
Hugs,
Karen C
www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com