September 17, 2009

These are 2 layouts I did a few weeks back, but because I have been so busy getting things up and going with my new venture I am just now getting over to post them. These were done for challenges over at scrapbook.com with my ETG that I am a part of. I have to laugh, because one looks so fall and the other so springy!

This first one was done for the "AUGUST TECHNIQUE CHALLENGE: Old Meets New". Scrap any subject you like, but use some of the oldest-purchased supplies in your stash, as well as the most recent supplies you've purchased--together on the same layout! This can be anything--paper, embellies, tools, etc., BUT photos and adhesive are excluded . Be sure to tell us what you used! TWIST: inking something!

OK.. to be honest most of this is really really old! The pp in the background is actually from the dollar store. I use to buy a lot of pp there when I first started scrapping. This was really pretty and to be honest I am surprised I have never used it. I outlined all the leaves with a thin sharpie to blend with some of the black I placed elsewhere. The letters are also from the dollar store, the Autumn title I believe I got from a swap way back when and the lollipop flower is really recently new months back and the green card stock I bought actually today in a stack. I cut that out and then added the black doddle around the edges and printed off my butterflies from a program I have. The picture is back in 1996 when I was doing daycare out of my home. This was my group of children I watched. This was a our annual trip to Waterman's pumpkin patch. I always loved getting a pic with us all on the big pumpkins! I also inked the edges of the pp with moss green near the leaves.


This page is for our BOM challenge. It was to scrap a message to yourself--your past, present, or future self! Is there something you'd like to go back and tell your past self? Does your present self need a pep talk or need to address an issue? Is there something you've learned that would help your future self? This can be totally lighthearted--like, you might take a pic of your laundry and tell yourself to do it , OR, you may want to address something more serious and/or thought-provoking. TWIST: use 2 or more photos relevant to your message on the LO.

OK.. This lo is kind of simple in style and I was just hours under the deadline, so simple and quick was my motto that evening. My page actually opens like a book. The pink stipes with the birds on top are actually one piece. I cut the paper off that was on top of the birds and then placed a piece of purple card stock behind that. So, you open that whole piece from the birds down like a page in a book. The journaling is focused around the three key words I have on the front; Dream, Believe and Be. Since I am in the process of fulfilling a dream of mine with my new venture I really wanted this to be mainly about dreams being like a bird on a wire and they can take flight at any time.

I don't have all my journaling finished just yet. I am about 1/2 way through it and still in draft because how hard I have been working on other things right now. Although it is about dreaming big while you are young when you truly believe dreams can come true, about believing in yourself and your dreams when you're old enough to give up on them, because they don't seem to be attainable and then just being true to who you know you were meant to be and realizing your dreams are always at reach, if you only reach a little further then you think you can. So, that is a brief overview without really reading it here. So, of course that is a picture of me when I was about 5, 30 and 45.


OK.. well, it feels kind of good to post something other then one of my images! LOL... thanks for stopping by and have a creative kind of day! MAKE ART!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

such great lo,s!! Love them both! Btw, thanks for the prize, i got earlier this week, and forgot mail you about it! *sorry*