February 14, 2011

Magical Monday - Shaped Card with Embossing or Texture

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

This week over at that Paper Cupcake's Challenge blog, Gloria Westerman brings us our challenge. She wants us to make a shaped or die cut card or use a shape or die cut and use either some embossing or texture on it. I rarely think to make shaped cards, but I always love the challenge to do it. I really should make them more often. I decided to make mine in a heart shape. I think I must have Valentines on the brain so maybe that is why I went with a heart. My heart is cut at 4 inches from my cricut machine, I so love that thing. The image is called "Wild Flower Bouquet" and was a freebie today by Paper Cupcakes over at their challenge blog that you can find here. I colored two images and put some of the flowers on pop up dots to give it some depth. I glued the bottom heart on white card stock and then cut around it with my scalloped scissors. I inked the top heart to give it some darker color around the edges. My sentiment is computer generated. The scallops that go across and behind the sentiment is a Martha Stewart punch that I cut in half and then used on both sides. I am not sure which punch it is, because it was my mom's and one day she punched a lot of them out for me to use from different punches she had; so thanks mom! I then ran some thin pink ribbon across the lines. I totally forgot to emboss or add texture so I just sent the whole top heart through my cuttlebug machine with the swiss dots folder to add some embossing. I attached the top heart to the bottom heart with a tiny white brad on the left. this allows the card to swing open revealing the inside. I then attached my bouquet and then drew the tiny bee right oh my card flying out of the flowers. I really loved how this turned out and will most likely make this card again or at least try to think "shape" every once in a while!




Well, here's to a better week this week! This past week was way to hectic with a trip to the ER with my mother-in-law in the middle of the night. A trip to med-check with my daughter from a fall down the steps. A weekend away at a basketball and cheer tournament where my daughter was vomiting all weekend long (which I believe was from you meds they put her on) and was unable to join the cheer squad all weekend long and returning home at 8:00 PM from it all. Got on the Internet around 10:00 PM to add the finishing touches to my postings on my blogs and found I couldn't access the Internet to do any of it. So I had to call the service/tech people and 2 hours later I now have access. So much for going to bed around 10:00!! So, maybe I will get there before 1:00!!

Now have a "sweet" day! And don't forget to spoil yourself with a little chocolate... (((ya know I will be looking for some chocolate a little later tomorrow when I get up!))

4 comments:

Patti P. said...

Nina, I am so sorry for your rough week....way too many things going wrong, but I must say that you created one awesome card! I love, love, love it! Your flowers are so realistic and pretty in all the different colors and I love your bee. Sorry to gush, but this is gorgeous! Here's wishing you a much better week and a Happy Valentines's Day!

Kelley said...

Arrived here from Paper Cupcakes, you know, one blog leads to another leads to another... :)

I'm curious, which Cricut cartridge did you use for the heart?

CraftinGranny said...

Got meds today and slept most of it away and the migraine is finally gone....YAH!!! Finally got around to visiting everyone tonight and hope to get my card for Monday done tomorrow morning. If you can't work it in for the blog don't worry but I'll have one posted on mine for the challenge this week.

Your week may have been worse than mine and let's hope and pray next week is better for both of us.

I love this card and the time you must have taken to create it. It's beautiful with all the details and the way you've colored the image is fantastic with the gems added. for the centers.
"Hugs" Carol

CraftinGranny said...

ps. Did I tell you I love the new blog look!!!