May 23, 2011

Magical Monday - Let's make our own flowers

This week over at the Paper Cupcake's Challenge Blog the challenge is brought to us by Sheng Vang. She wanted us to use to make our own flowers and then use them. Since I didn't start making my card until 10:30PM this evening I decided to go with punched. I have always loved my punches and this is why; so easy peasy. The image I used was "Girl with Pumpkin" by Paper Cupcakes and the ticket is from the "Summer Ticketes" by Paper Cupcakes as well. It is a great fall image, but I already had it all colored up and really liked it so I thought I would just use it and save some time. I colored my girl with colored pencils and the pumkins and flower with Bic Mark-its. All the papers/cs used were scraps except the base of the card. I kept it fairly simple, mainly because I want to head for bed!





Well, I almost didn't do my card tonight I am extremely tired from this past week and weekend. I worked most of the week doing a faux finish and then Saturday we had to be a the soccer field to play the first game in a tournament at 8:00AM. Our team didn't end up playing the last two/three games. It was just too much for 7 year old little boys. By the end of the 3 game most of out little guys were just wiped and in tears. We had just enough boys to fill the team to play so they never got a break from playing and got little rest between the games. Then 2 boys left which left our team with 4, which is two short and we thought that is just too much. So we decided as a team to leave the tournament. They still had 2/3 more games to play. Yes, it was too much and at that point the fun was gone. Then we had 2 open houses to attend for some graduates which were our niece and nephew and we didn't get home until after 11:30PM; because one was on one side of town and the other on the other side of town. Needless to say we were exttremely tired today. Avery slept until 10:00 the next morning and then we went off to church where he fell asleep again during the service. OK.. well I am sure that is way more then you care to read so I am thinking I should head for bed now!! :O)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can find some kindness to leave me a note if you stopped by! Have a great week!

1 comments:

Tammylee said...

So cute! I love the image and your flower is great! I loved being on the DT this month!

Tammylee